Ride Hard....Roll Fast

My adventures as a triathlete, Mountain Biker and aspiring bike racer.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Getting back to my roots...

Happy 4th!

I was lucky enough to get some time to travel home to Cape Cod for the long weekend and show Michael the East Coast. The entire trip was great, but here are some favorite memories...

Some Great Moments from Cape trip:

10. Joey Hartung's Wedding. What a party. If anyone knows how to celebrate, it's certainly these guys. Beautiful ceremony, gorgeous bride, awesome food, and the best live band ever! Plus, I think the last time I danced with my Dad, I was little enough to stand on his feet while dancing.

9. Watching "Cars" at the drive-in. One of the last remaining drive-in theaters in the country...what better movie to watch than "Cars"? Think Guido might rival me in transition speed. I need to take notes.

8. Hometown 4th of July Parade. As Michael noticed, I believe every business in town is given the opportunity to be in the parade. Including the gas company.

7. Wellfleet Road Race. Actually got to run the race with one of the girls I coach at Taylor Elementary (who's family summers on the Cape). She did awesome! 56 minutes for a 5-miler at 10 years old is pretty impressive. Congrats, Catherine!

6. Open-water swim practice. Nothing like battling the currents in the inlet to build endurance.

5. Flying tour of the Outer Cape. Many thanks to Dave Skiba for taking us up in his plane! I've never seen the Cape from the sky....what a view!

4. Mini-Golf with Danielle and Justin. I love that my high school friends are still just as cool as they were 10 years ago.

3. Bacci Ball on the beach with D & J. Not that we are competitive or anything, but after tying in mini-golf, we needed a rematch of some sort. Better than the game, though, was the run-in with the crazy women who is claiming to own a section of beach on the Cape. Good luck with that one....

2. NOT losing Michael's bike on the ride home. Broken Thule rack = bad for carbon-fiber bike.

1. Seeing family and friends. There is nothing like growing up in a small town. This trip home was just a reminder of how lucky I am to have such a great support system nestled in the dunes of the Cape. Thank you to everyone who made time for us, and to everyone for including Michael and I in so many things. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home